DIANA IN HySTerIC!!!

trying to make sense of it all... preferably with style..AND FLAIR..

Sunday, May 16, 2010

HAPPY TEACHER'S DAY? not for me. For my REAL teachers

Below is an appropriate picture regarding my first hand view on teaching.I love that the the teacher is either really happy or being sarcastic (so, you want to be a teacher? ehehe? *wink* *blood pressure rising*). But,if it follows my parameter of 'appropriate',it'll probably be the latter (i'm a sucker for sarcasm,what to do??)


Yup..it's Teacher's Day today.

I can dedicate this to the teachers that have come around in my life. I wish I could be like you,or maybe a fragment of you. BUT I CANT WISH DIS ON MYSELF COS well..I don't even feel that fragment yet. Or maybe I dont want to ..*sigh* BUT,THIS POST IS NOT FOR ME...BUT MY TEACHERS

I now know that the teacher that looks cross all the time might not naturally be like dat. It's probably a facade to be all TOUGH-FIERCE-TEACHER-ON-YOU-SO-YOU-DONT-SQUASH-ON-THEIR-FACES-like. and you'd probably been picturing she/her is the miserable sort and therefore bent on making others feel dat way too. Especially the ..ahem..unmarried ones. Come on, lotsa ppl think dis no??you??no?? come on?? no?? no?? ok ok (lie to yourself then..)

But the thing is, being a teacher requires you to be all fierce or maintain a sour-fierce face. Especially in this day and age. It's the first I was told to do when entering my first class. I was told NOT TO SMILE, NOT TO BE ALL FRIENDLY (entertain the students' all-curious questions etc..) or that'll I'll be eaten alive. Imagine that?? Aren't kids nowadays scary or wat? and when u dont smile..wat face will u be left with? hence the CAPS face above.

Teacher, whenever I pass by you. I hope I remember you. and by that time I'll surely greet you happily. and I wont remember you as the sour-face or the whats-face teacher. but just as my teacher who've probably have hated it after you've given the class a scolding but bite her/his tongue and did it anyway. I'll know you're the teacher that didn't mind being called names as long as u know that u did ur job as a teacher so that we become the people that we are today.

On the day I was introduced to the headmaster where I worked. She said that being a teacher means teaching the students to be like us when they are OUR age. So, it is NOT NECESSARILY a failure if they come out still as naughty brats y'all =) .. I'll remember what she said for a long time. BUT DIS POST IS ESSENTIALLY FOR THE TEACHERS IN OUR LIVES BECAUSE IT TRANDCENDS HOW I FEEL as it is my way of recognizing how hard it might have been for them and that I'm grateful they loved their job and stuck around (exhale).


SO THANK YOU TEACHER!! THANK YOU FOR PUTTING UP WITH US!! THANK YOU FOR BEING FIERCE ENOUGH!!THANK YOU FOR BEING MADE OF STEEL!!!LOVED THAT U WERE IN MY,ALL OUR LIVES!! SARANGHAE!! <3

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home